Kamis, 12 Mei 2016

Tinderella in Tinder World

I've never really got a thing with online dating. I did try several online dating apps in the past. But I just chatted with some people there but never really met anyone in person. I am always scared that the expectation will be so much different than the reality. It is down to me actually because I am always anxious on how people will judge my looks and appearance. It should be no problem if I am confident enough, but apparently I have self esteem issue. Therefore I prefer the offline site much in which a relationship happens naturally after you get to know each other for sometimes. However, in my 30 years of existence that doesn't quite work either. 

The older you are the more limited your access to get to know someone. You're busy working from 8 to 5 and once you go home you have no energy to socialize anymore. But the urge to be in a relationship is still there. I had no choice and finally as advised by a friend of mine, I signed up for Tinder. Tinder is one of the recently famous dating application. The apps allows you to find matches nearby. You just need to swipe right if you like someone or swipe left if you're uninterested. if the guy on the other end swipes right too, voila you have a new match. Perhaps people love this application because of its simplicity. The more you swipe, the more chances you get matches, the more chances of dating. As simple as that.

Simple? Really? Not really for me. It turns out that too many matches mean too much stresses too. Why, because you're asked the same old questions on and on. "Where do you live?" "Where do you work?" "What are you doing?" etc. I've been getting bored answering the same questions over and over again. I don't know why some people do not create ideas of some more creative questions. Or perhaps because I am boring too lol. What's the most exhausting is that when they already ask questions but not asking for a meet up. Hey, I am still a conservative type of girl. I want to be asked out. For the very first months of my Tinder experience, I did not meet up at all. I was just observing. A guy once asked me to meet up, though, but I refused it because it was too soon. And then there was one guy who I thought was okay enough, but he talked about himself a lot and didn't ask a single question about me, and also it turned out he is married. I still don't understand why married people are on Tinder. What are actually they looking for? 

I also chatted with a guy in which his profile picture showed as a foreigner but in fact he was Indonesian and he admitted he faked it. Then I said I didn't want to talk to you anymore because you lied to me, and he judged me as a "bule hunter". Whaatt???  I finally had a courage to meet up with one guy in one afternoon weekend. Let us just call him M. M chatted me on that one Saturday morning, and asked me to meet up on that day as well. I thought at that time, this is it, I needed to cope with my fears and got out of the comfort zone. I agreed to watch a movie with him. Well, when I first saw him he seemed a nice guy. We talked a while before we entered the cinema. When the movie started I realized that he attempted to hold my hand and became all touchy feely. I refused that action and cringed. This is not the end, after the movie ended, he asked me to pay the ticket. What the heck? You asked me out and didn't bother to pay? Ewwwww I just don't understand some guys today. After  the movie ended, I shook hand with him and never attempted to contact him anymore.

It was a bit traumatic experience actually and I stopped using Tinder for a while. I couldn't stand another bad experience haha.

My Tinder experience has not ended yet because I still feel like using it. This Tinder apps has given me so many stories both hilarious and annoying. But the most important thing, it has helped me to get out of my comfort zone. The comfort zone which hindered me to meet a new person. Dating is no brain surgery, don't make it complicated and don't take it seriously. At least you're hanging out with someone, rather than sitting there in your room and wishing someone will come along and choose you to be his soulmate.

So, Tinderella, get out of your chimney and find your prince out there. Well, may be not a prince just a guy who will not give up on you ;) Fighting!







2 komentar:

Unknown mengatakan...

Hehe.. Kalo diinget2 jadi mau ketawa2 sendiri ya vit.. Tapi gpp pengalaman yaaa.. ^^

timestravelerstales mengatakan...

Yupppp hahahaha pengalaman yang sangat lutju :)))